Tuesday 10 November 2015

Written task Rrationale

The text I wrote is directly related to what we saw in class, because I spoke about mass media, more specifically about stereotypes in two Disney movies: "Snow White" and "Cinderella".
I chose this type of text (blog) because of two main reasons. First of all, it was more informal than a speech for example, so it was more appropriate for addressing my target audience, which are teenagers. And at the same time, by being less formal, it was easier for me to develop my idea as I do not need to worry about the way I'm writing. Besides, this type of text allowed me to use sarcasm and other devices that are attractive to my target audience. Once again, my target audience are teenagers and young people in general, as they spend a lot of time on-line. An example of this would be the following, "and while we might find it funny, sad or a waste of time". This is something a teenager would think about the movies mentioned.
The type of language I used is informal, because as I said before, my intended audience are teenagers and they wouldn't like to read a very formal text. This type of language is more appealing to them. I also talk direclty to them in the text, in order to be more appealing.

Word count: 222

No comments:

Post a Comment